Some of us have big bellies because we simply don’t care. We binge on beers. Eat a lot of junk. And exercise? Forget about it!
Others, however, have big bellies and do care. And even though we try to do everything right, our results in the battle versus the bulge are just wrong.
If you feel like part of the latter group, here are 5 reasons why you may be losing that battle:
- You overdo it with good fats – Good fats are essential to a healthy body. However, eating too much vegetable oil, nuts, and even avocados can hit you with a load of pound-packing calories.
- You don’t sleep enough – Sleep is essential to keeping hunger hormones in check. A Wake Forest University study found that people who slept 5 hours a night had more belly fat and were heavier than those who slept 6-8 hours.
- You eat too many processed foods – You have little free time to cook, so you buy meal bars, frozen meals, and packaged snacks. They may be low in calories, but all their sugar and sodium bloat your belly.
- You skimp on cardio – Yes, weightlifting builds metabolism-revving muscle. Still, high intensity cardio is essential if you want to burn all that belly fat.
- You drink diet soda – No calories and no sugar, no problem. Right? WRONG. One study found that diet soda drinkers can gain almost 3 times the belly fat as those who don’t drink it.
Do none of those belly-bloating reasons above apply to you?
If so, then you’re probably still flustered about all that midsection flubber. Go here to get rid of it fast and end your fat-related frustrations for good: