Coffee is one of the most popular beverages around. And with good reason…
It tastes great if you add a bunch of stuff to it like sugar and cream. Plus it’ll keep you going throughout your long, stressful days.
Unfortunately, many people depend on coffee too much for energy. Are you one of those people?
Here are 5 signs that say yes:
- Your eyes twitch – The caffeine in coffee triggers neurotransmitters that trigger the nerves and muscles in your eyes.
- You urinate a lot – Due to coffee’s diuretic properties that can quickly dehydrate you.
- You feel anxious and irritable – Caffeine triggers dopamine, adrenaline, and glutamate that trigger your body’s fight or flight response.
- You go to the bathroom a lot – This may be a good thing if you hate constipation. Coffee can act as a laxative for some that will make you spend a ton of time on the toilet.
- You feel tired – Sure, coffee make act like a stimulant at first. After its effects wear down, however, you could feel a major crash. This is what makes you crave more cups throughout the day.
You may rely on coffee way too much for energy. There’s another, more natural way to get your energy fix, however: